15 October 2009

October is the month... A season of festivals approaching!
I woke up this morning...rubbing my eyes... pushing myself out of the bed, completely disinterested! I could hear my mom screaming at me that I would get late for the office. But sometimes when she screams this way, instead of getting irritated or mad at her, I smile and run to hug her! Her screams are my way of life now... and I am completely in awe of my mom... her zest towards life, the way she flashes that humble and sweet smile occasionally... Love her!

Hyderabad has not felt the cold chill yet. As the day approaches, a bleak ray of sun... a foggy morning... dew drops on the leaves and the feeling of wanting to be hugged by someone to beat the chill... I love it. As the day ends, a blanket of mist over the city, wishing everyone a good night... so that Hyderabad cuddles under this blanket and wait for another day... this is October here.

The markets decorated... people selling all kinds of stuff... from little things to decorate your house, to cart-pullers with their carts loaded with diyas...from gift items to crackers. After Dussehra, its Diwali time. This time of the year, it feels great to be a girl... helping mom with all the preparations at home, getting dressed up beautifully in a salwar kameez or a saree and greeting everyone coming your home with a big smile, a hug, loads of sweets and wishes. Festivals are that part of the year when all your problems seem to take a back seat and you are ready to let your hair loose and party!

This Diwali... I wish each one of you a happy life ahead. May these lights brighten up your day, your future. May Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi shower their blessings on you! May all the troubles vanish, and may happiness and prosperity be with you always.


Diyas that spread light
Igniting the spirit within
With silent prayers and hopes that now
All will be good
Live it up with joy
Its a day to enjoy!

Here is wishing each one of you and your family members a very happy and a prosperous Diwali. :)

My request... burn crackers, but please be safe!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment