25 August 2009

ANGELS TO ASHES, DEVILS TO DUST

That pain was forgotten
Those bruises were gone
Life was new as I tried to move on
Once again things seemed to be fine
The cuts and rashes were getting filled with time
Once again I learnt how to fly
Once again I learnt how to hug the sky
Things were beautiful, things were new
Once again the words seemed true
But again the dark shadow has been cast
Once again I am in the painful past
The box has broken and so has the final string of trust
Angels to Ashes and Devils to Dust

The tears seemed far away
Happiness I thought was here to stay
Once again the grass was green
Once again the world wasn’t mean
Once again there was no distress
No more was pain my mistress
Once again smiling wasn’t a task
There was no need to hide behind a mask
But now I know the façade is here to stay
The more I want happiness the more it goes away
The box has broken and I have been cursed
Angels to Ashes and Devils to Dust

Your memories will never be the same
This heart will never take your name
This angel is not yours; this devil is not yours any more to claim
But now I wont have no repent, now I wont have no shame
For it’s time for the phoenix to rise
For it’s time that change is a must
For it’s time that the Angel is Ashes
For it’s time that the Devil is Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment