09 August 2009

MASQUERADE


Everyone in this world seems to wear a mask on their pretty faces..... Including Me

In my eyes, in my mind.
There’s this place made of lies,
Where everyone fakes a smile,
And there exists just one style.

People laugh, people cry,
But no one would ask you why,
Play along is what they’ll do,
Its’ all a game, it’s nothing new.

And you see me walk down the street,
With a smile that’s naught but sweet,
While inside, I’m breaking down,
But I’d never make a sound.

Just watch closely, there you’d see,
The painfully hurt part of me,
That grows and grows as time goes on,
As I fight to keep myself calm.

It’s not working, now, not anymore,
The lies, they’ve crept in, to my core,
And my heart’s not holding up so well,
It’s taken time for me to tell.

But it’s been there all along,
The same lullaby, the same song,
Singing, “Masquerade!” “Masquerade!”,
And, “They’re all fake! It’s all fake!”.

And I turn to look around,
There’s silence, now, there’s no sound,
They’re waiting for me to complete my task,
So I reach up and take off my mask…..

No comments:

Post a Comment